Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled your most frequently asked questions here for all of our products. If you don’t find the answer that you’re looking for, please contact us for more information.
KŪSHE® FABRICS & LAUNDRY CLEANER
First Use Instructions
- Before your first wash with Kūshe, run the washer empty (nothing in it) set to hot and max load size to ‘hot strip’ existing debris and detergents out
- Note during the run that you’ll see soap suds from previous uses and detergents; the hot strip will help clean those out so Kūshe can fully focus on cleaning the laundry rather than cleaning out the existing detergents
- Do not use any additives to the wash or dry such as softeners or anti-static sheets.
- Kūshe will both soften and remove static, in the wash!
- For whites, ½ to 1 cup of oxygen bleach (not hydrogen) can be added to the wash to enhance brightness and exponentiate cleaning
- Cleaning Boost: 1/2 to 1 cup of white distilled vinegar can be added to the soap tray with Kūshe to further exponentiate the cleaning.
- How much to use? It’s concentrated so 1oz per 5 gallons of water, depending on what your washer is rated to use for normal laundry loads. The underside of the bottle cap is ~3/4 of an ounce. The same ratio applies to hand washing in a wash basin for delicate fabrics such as dry clean only fabrics, silks, cashmere and furs which it’s designed to work on!
- Washing with warm water is recommended
- For soiled clothes, let stains soak in Kūshe overnight then wash normally
How much should I use per load?
The formula is concentrated, for soiled fabrics a typical amount is 1OZ per 5 gallons of wash water.
DO I NEED TO USE SOFTENER?
No, Kūshe will restore fabrics to their natural softness and softness may even increase after multiple washes.
DO I NEED TO USE ANTI-STATIC SHEETS?
No, Kūshe will eliminate static in the wash cycle and fabrics will come out static free after drying. Dryer sheets or other anti-static additives are not necessary.
WHAT TEMPERATURE WATER SHOULD BE USED?
Whether a cleaner or detergent is used or not, the water temperature has a substantial impact on cleaning and cleaning effectiveness. Use your own temperature judgement based on the fabric types. Warm water is recommended for typical laundry loads and will increase cleaning potency exponentially over a cold water wash.
How should cloth diapers be washed?
For additional cleaning support when washing diapers heavily soiled with urine, add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of white distilled vinegar to the wash to exponentiate the cleaning power and diffuse the excess amount of ammonium acids the urine creates.
how can I enhance whites?
For whites, 1/2 to 1 cup of oxygen bleach can be used in the wash to exponentiate the cleaning power. Adding 1/2 to 1 cup of white distilled vinegar further exponentiates the cleaning potency.
SHOULD HYDROGEN OR OXYGEN BLEACH BE USED?
If bleach is needed then only oxygen bleach should be used, not hydrogen bleach. For whitening add 1/2 to 1 cup of oxygen bleach or white distilled vinegar which further increases the cleaning potency.
IS THERE ANY IMPACT TO FABRIC ABSORBENCY?
No, Kūshe is free-rinsing and will not affect the absorbency of the fabrics such as towels or cloth diapers.
How should I wash delicates including dry clean only, furs, silks and cashmere?
Follow these instructions carefully and always hand wash delicates:
- Before proceeding with a full wash, always test a small portion of the material first in an area that won’t be noticed such as the inside or underside of the garment
- Prepare a cold to room temperature hand wash sink with 1OZ of Kūshe for every 5OZ of water. Use distilled water.
- Soak the garment, softly hand wash the material. For extremely delicate materials such as furs, do not scrub, twist or rub too hard to avoid damage.
- Remove and hang the garment momentarily. Empty the sink and refill, repeating step 2 and 3. Remove the garment and proceed with step 5.
- Refill the wash basin with cold distilled water and rinse the garment.Empty the wash basin and repeat this step as many times as needed until there are little to no suds appearing.
- After the garment is rinsed, press it between two towels and pad dry carefully to remove as much moisture as possible. Do not wring or twist the garment to dry.
- Lay the garment on a table on top of a towel to dry or hang dry. Ensure good room circulation and even drying time on all sides of the garment.
IS A BUILDER NEEDED?
No, Kūshe is already concentrated and adding other cleansing ingredients that aren’t in tune with the chemistry could impact the effectiveness of Kūshe.
Depending on the type of fabrics, 1/2 to 1 cup of oxygen bleach and/or white distilled vinegar can be added to further increase cleaning potency as needed.
IS IT SAFE FOR MY SEPTIC TANK?
Yes, it’s 100% safe for septic tanks, gray water friendly and made with plant-based, 100% biodegradable ingredients.
SHAMPOOSH® PET SHAMPOO
Are edible plant based products safe to ingest?
NO – Even though most ingredients are derived from edible plants, this is a cleaning product and not safe for consumption. Call a poison center immediately if ingested – 1-800-222-1222.
How does it help itchy or dry skin?
Shampoosh® is pH balanced to work in harmony with the surface chemistry of your pets skin. For best results with dry skin, wet and lather up then let Shampoosh rest to soak in as long as possible before rinsing out.
Shampoo & Conditioner
Does it work with my hair type?
We’ve balanced the formula for best performance across a range of hair types from fine to thick.
How is it differentiated?
It’s a pH balanced and environmentally friendly new Salon product with unique properties.