Kūshe, liquid laundry cleaner for normal and delicates including dry clean only fabrics, furs, silk and cashmere is an extraordinary new scientifically perfected laundry cleaner. It’s designed to enrich and restore fabrics to their naturally soft and organic state and much more. Click here to download a PDF overview.
- Before your first wash with Kūshe, run the washer empty (nothing in it) set to hot and max load size to ‘hot strip’ existing debris and detergents out
- Note during the run that you’ll see soap suds from previous uses and detergents; the hot strip will help clean those out so Kūshe can fully focus on cleaning the laundry rather than cleaning out the existing detergents
- Do not use any additives to the wash or dry such as softeners or anti-static sheets.
- Kūshe will both soften and remove static!
- For whites, ½ to 1 cup of oxygen bleach (not chlorine bleach) can be added to the wash to enhance brightness and potentiate the cleaning action of Kūshe.
- How much to use? It’s concentrated so 1oz per 5 gallons of water, depending on what your washer is rated to use for normal laundry loads. The underside of the bottle cap is ~3/4 of an ounce. The same ratio applies to hand washing in a wash basin for delicate fabrics such as silks, cashmeres and furs which it’s designed to work on!
- Washing with warm water is recommended
- For soiled clothes, let stains soak in Kūshe overnight then wash normally
- Compare how soft laundry is in the wash and dry cycles and also how clean they smell after drying them.
- Read about more use cases and Q&A in the FAQ section and please leave feedback and let us know if you have any questions!
Kūshe is not harmful to soil, water systems or plant life and is safe for septic systems and greywater use.
Ingredients are >98% sourced from (edible) plant compounds.
Kūshe contains no known irritable ingredients or toxins that can cause irritation and allergic reactions. It is designed to be in harmony with the surface chemistry of the fabrics and just as gentle on them.
Kūshe is designed to remove dirt from fabrics, restoring them to their original natural softness. No additional softeners should be used in combination with Kūshe.
Kūshe is designed for use with normal and HE washers and can also be used for hand washing with delicate fabrics. For normal loads, use 1oz per 5 gallons of water.
Kūshe eliminates static in the wash cycle so after drying, fabrics should be static free. Do not use additional anti-static products or dryer sheets in combination with Kūshe.
Kūshe is designed to be free-rinsing and will leave your clothes smelling fresh and clean after drying, leaving no residues behind.
Ingredients will be published soon.
Kūshe ingredients are 100% biodegradable and the packaging meet the highest ratings for recyclability with PETE/PET 1 and HDPE/PET2 materials.
Kūshe can be used with delicate fabrics including silk, cashmere, fur and dry clean only materials. Hand washing is recommended for delicates. After washing, carefully pat fabrics dry with a towel and air dry.
To gain a level of comfort and ensure compatibility before committing to a full wash with delicates for the first time, a test wash is recommended. Find a small area of fabric that isn’t noticeable, such as an area of inside lining, to perform the test wash on.
Kūshe is wonderful for use with Cloth Diapers, does not affect absorbency and maximizes odor and stain elimination. It is also free of toxins that can cause irritation and allergic reactions.
For heavily soiled diapers that have a strong ammonia odor, add 1/2 to 1 cup of white distilled vinegar to further neutralize excess ammonia and potentiate the cleaning action of Kūshe.